Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Total Recall

This morning I returned the borrowed iPAQ to Denisse, our Oracle/UNIX systems guru, with the accompanied remark, "Your iPAQ doesn't switch on for some season."

She gave me this "oh well" look, and accepted the PDA. She turned it over a couple times, poked it here and there, and nonchalantly laid it down on the desk. Denisse is like that. She is very good at what she does. When it comes to computers and electronic gismos, she just dosen't get excited about them.

Following the command staff meeting this afternoon, I decided it was time to put this turkey to rest. After consulting the user's manual on the truth and consequences of doing a hard reset, I flatlined the iPAQ with out fanfare. Then with great expectations I resurrected the unit.

The iPAQ is now returned to the original factory settings. I WLAN linked the unit at home this evening. The total recall did nothing. Nada. Zilch. Goose egg. No Internet.

There are no more usual suspects to round up. The bad boy has to be the router.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey one more thing. i think reading your blog is a very good way to learn english. U are american-chinese aren't u? so do u understand the cantonese expression in my blog?
- cuiyao