Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Messiah's Invitation To The People

Over the internet today, I shared this thought with a person of Irish ancestry. At the young age of 24, vicissitude has etched much pain and disappointment on the soul and spirit of this person.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

These words of Christ are sung as a soprano Air (No. 20 aria 2) from Handel's "Messiah." It is not only beautiful music, but it's true in its message. If you have not heard it, listen to this Handel oratorio, if you can, this Christmas season.

From the cockles of my heart, I am sharing this thought with the hope and prayer that you (and ___) will find Jesus in your heart this Christmas. :)

As the Irish would say: "Rath Dé ort" (The grace of God be with you.)


0 comments: