Monday, May 15, 2006

Suthun Nights

Mah Dear Frands:

Them tetchy people are gittin' on my nerves like a chiwoohwooh. I'm goin' to Gawjuh an' Sooth Ca'lina an' do some stuffin' an' stringin'. I'll be stoppin’ by Flawduh first. Y'all know, the state moah suthun than Gawjah, but only geographic’ly.

Meetin' a magnolia cum laude like Scollet O'Hara travelin' in tall cotton's sawrite, too. I ain't mind if she talk Shakespayuh like the late Senatuh Sam Irvin did. As long as she don't walk like a cow on crutches an' scrunge on me.

This MP3 Selection Expired on 05-27-2006:
Glen Campbell (1977) - Southern Nights

4 comments:

史路比 said...

hahaha... are u making a complaint here?
Enjoy your trip! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you makin' fun of us southerners? Hmm.

Irish

L'envoi said...

The southern accents and speeches are so very colorful. Some of my good friends are from the South. I love them and their way they express themselves. My bodacious imitation of the southern words and pronunciation was meant to be a compliment laced with humor.

In the words of Alexander Pope (by way of Homer):

But when he speaks, what elocution flows!
Soft as the fleeces of descending snows
The copious accents fall, with easy art;
Melting they fall, and sink into the heart.

Anonymous said...

:) I was just teasing. I know you weren't really makin' fun of the south.

Irish