Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Father's Hands

Rembrandt - The Return of the Prodigal Son, cir. 1668-1669

Irish:

We have talked of this before. God doesn't let go of His hands nor the love for us. Only we do. His love is before time.

I have posted a print of Rembrandt's The Return of the Prodigal Son. Take a close and careful look at the father's hands. Remember what you see as you go about your way. May the impression of this print etch in your mind, soul, and heart wherever you go.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Reflect on the day, if you will. Go to church on Resurrection Sunday if you can.

Take care. Best wishes for the new school semester!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. But a priest, someone who works for God who is suppose to be there turned his back on me. I know I did wrong but I just want forgiveness from him and my best friend. I'm lost without Carol. I never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd lose her. I just want her back. And God won't hear my prayers once again.

Irish

L'envoi said...

You sounded like a petulant child, Irish. Yet, what'd happened seemed vervy serious.

What caused you to say these things? Write me and disclose the facts which led to this discord. Do not sport with me when you do.