Friday, March 18, 2005

A Plug for Firefox

Ever since my upgrading the Windows XP to SP2, my IE has gotten clunkier. Case in point, the Windows Media Player no longer streamload asx sound files on-line. What non-sense. Let's not even mention the pop-up ads that snuck through the ad blocker.

I've test driven the Firefox browser and am sold on it. By no mean Firefox is "perfect". It is far better then IE when all things browser innovations are considered.

I don't have to be bothered by pop-up ads anymore while surfing the Net with tabbed browsing; and I can listen to Rush Limbaugh's asx files online.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you are test driving Firefox, make sure you go to the tools menu and select extensions, then click the link to add more extensions. This is where you get the true power of Firefox. Another thing is to look on my main PC Care page for instructions on how to actually speed up your browser. I did it and it does actually work, your mileage will vary though. http://www.pccareandrepair.com/