Monday, March 14, 2005

Be Still and Know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)

Dear Irish:

It is comforting to learn you have arrived safely at your new abode, while it is only temporary. Still, God does provide.

I have digitized two verses of the "Be Still My Soul" hymn (Jean Sibelius' Finlandia). Listen and reflect on it during a quiet time. Here are the two verses of the hymn.

Be Still My Soul

Verse 1
Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Verse 2
Be still, my soul! thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul! the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.


Dá fhada an lá tagann an tráthnóna. Déan caoin an beo na domhan seo.
Rath Dé ort!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go raibh maith agat ar an fháilte chroíúil sin a chuir tú romham. Is mór an cara tú. Tá súil agam a éiríodh gach aon rud go maith le mo shaol nua freisin.


Irish

L'envoi said...

Ná habair é!

Is é an cultúr an timpeallacht daonna ina gcaithimid ár saol. Dearcadh aigne, béasa, mothúcháin, greann, éadach, bia agus ól, agus fiú cuma an tí. Bíodh uachtach agat agus ná déan dearmad "Is Éireannach mé" choiche. :)

Le gach dea-ghuí,

O'Lenvoi

L'envoi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.