Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hang 10

He: Your stint with your god-parents is almost up.

Irish: It's nearly that time.

He: Are you looking forward to going home?

Irish: I can hardly wait. But I am both excited and anxious about the future.

He: God wants us not to be a prisoner of our circumstances. I like you to read Psalm 16. Meditate and pray on verses 5 and 6. Then pray this psalm as one of your prayers. David's supplication to God is an example and encourgement to all of us. David has the right perspective in that our future and inheritance are secured in God.

Irish: I still remember what you said to me on another occasion. You said, 'God always hangs on to me. The question is will I hang on to God.'

He: Yes. He hangs on to all of us. We'd rather like hanging on to the 'Woe is me' attitude and get distressed. Let me know when you are safely arrived at home. It's rather late where you are now at this hour. Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh.

Irish: We'll speak again. Slán go fóill.


Psalm 16 (NIV)

1 Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I said to the LORD , "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

3 As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.

4 The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods.
I will not pour out their libations of blood
or take up their names on my lips.

5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.


6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance
.

7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,

10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One (or your faithful one) see decay.

11 You have made (or you will make) known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this is right.

Go raibh maith agat, mo cara.

Y

Anonymous said...

Forgot the "h" in chara... :-) I'm learning slowly.