Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hey, Paula

It was the moment I'd waited all evening, to be alone with her.

'I saw you and you Dad at the Institue this afternoon, Paula. You kept saying "your life is ruined". You shouldn't feel that way Paula. You are a beautiful, successful woman. Why - I'd marry you in a flash, but you probably wouldn't want to marry a pot-washer. When I saw you so upset, Paula, because of Davies, I was seething with anger. I could have strangled him with my rubber-gloved hands or drowned him in greasy suds. And I think your father could have too. I definetely wouldn't have let Davies leave the Institute alive today. There is no way I was going to let him continue to spoil your life. Paula - if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be an ear you can call on...'

That was my most important line as a one of the suspects in tonight's Dinner and a Murder Mystery party. My character role was a pot washer at a culinary institute where the Great Chef has just been murdered. Paula was the Chef's mistress.

I was going to sing ad-lib "Hey, Paula" to the woman who played Paula . It would not be out of character for the pot scrubber to sing. We could have sung the duet as Paul and Paula. Given my stage name was George, however, the duet would be stretching it.

0 comments: