Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Tango Me



Scenes at a dancing studio:

She: I am here for a refresher course
He: I am sorry. Do you have a lesson appointment today?
She: No. But I'd like one now.

He: It's not our business policy to let space and resource unannounced.
She: I will double your studio fee for just one refresher lesson.
He: You are very determined. What's the hurry?

She: Because I want to.
He: Now, why didn't I notice that when you walked in.
She: Are we going to stand here and talk?

He: One refresher lesson?
She: One lesson.
He: What is your pleasure?

She:Por Una Cabeza
He: Wait a moment. You are in luck. The tango instructor is in the next studio doing some choreographic sequences. I'll go get him.
She: I want you.

He: Tito is a much better Tango instructor than I.
She: I know. You'll do fine.
He: This way then.


*** The Por Una Cabeza starts and the lesson begins ***


Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: Do you like my perfume?
He: Your scent is refreshing and is much appreciated here in the studio.
She: You aren't bad looking yourself, Arnold.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: You think I look like Schwarzenegger. I think you should concentrate on the lesson.
She: I think the Tango is the best metaphore for lovers. Don't you think?
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: I don't doubt it.
She: Is that so?
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: It is all because how the man and woman tangles.
She: Very funny.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: That is what this is. A very sensual and provocative dance.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: If you let it. Didn't you tell me when I start learnng the tango, the dance takes two minds to merge as one, to achieve fluid movement? And that each leg and each hand fits into what the other legs and hands are doing in order for the two to function as a single body. One body, two people and moreover, the opposite sex...
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: Ero makes promises. Lust is often confused as love. Would you mind not embracing me so closely? It's the studio policy. Thank you.
She: You think you are so smart. You don't have a clue in what I said about the Tango.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: We teach dancing. What our customers do with it is their business.
She: The soul of the tango is the dancers. Better yet, if the dancers are lovers and married. It's a dance of affection, not temptation, for married couples. Hold me closer.
He: I think the distance between us now is fine.
Facing each other Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: Tell me, what other dances, with the couple embracing, looking into each other's eyes, or looking away with both facing the same direction?
He: I can't think of one at the moment.
She: What kind of dancing teacher are you anyway? There is none.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: What's you point?
She: Face to face as I am now looking at you, gazing at my lover with love like the morning rises, warming his soul. He mine.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
He: I see.
She: That's not funny.
He: I am sorry. It wasn't meant as a pun.
Dancing facing one direction.Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: We embrace each other in the dance, yes. But we embrace what is between us, and leave no room for shadows. Hello?
He: Sorry. Thinking. What is your metaphore for the turning of the heads?
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: Tito said, to be able to dance tangos the dancers must complement one another, they must cooperate with one another. If they compete, if they fail to collaborate, it is impossible for them to dance, or at least to dance well.
He: Tito knows what he is talking about.
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She: Love is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction. The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but hold hands and dancing cheek to cheek, like Fred and Ginger, as it were.
He: Oh, brother. Did he tell you that too? Ouch! You kicked me.
_TapTap__Tap
She: My husband and I are two wings of the same soul.
He: I think he is. I don't doubt it. But why are you telling me all these things about eyes, embrace, Fred and Ginger?
Tap__Tap_TapTap__Tap
She:Today is our anniversary, silly. I knew you have forogtten about it. Haven't you?
He: Uh oh. I am so sorry, sweetheart. Forgive me. I have totally forgotten about it.
She: You are forgiven. If you could come home earlier that would be great. Our parents are taking us to dinner.

*** dancing stops ***

He: I didn't get you any anniversary gift.
She: All I want from you is to tango with me tonight. My way.
He: I will tango with you till the end of time. Your way. I love you.
She: I know you do. L'amore fa passare il tempo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was late when I wrote the draft to "Cosmic Dry Bones." I left it with the movie "Contact" as the jump off point.

To do a critique on Sagan's works is like being in a candy store. Do I just go for one candy, a mix of this or that, or one or two favorites. I haven't decided how to do it yet. For sure, I know I want something short and sweet (pun) and to the point. Just what that is, I don't know yet.

You really like reading my stuff, don't you? I am fliting here and there with my blog, as you can see. I thank you for your indulgence. :)

L'v

栗子 said...

yea almost forget i told u this before. but now i have one more choice: flamingo. :)