Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Circle of Life

The Chang Jiang River hind waves pressing forward
A new generation succeeding the old

-- an aphorism of Middle Kingdom (L'Envoi translation)

"Where did they get these people?"
I have been muttering this familiar refrain ever since a junior grade intern with a bachelor in Criminal Justice temporary assigned to our division. He has been with our team for three weeks.

When he arrived at work today, we engaged in another session talking about an assignment for the third times in as many days.

I shuddered at the thought of my singing an introspective refrain from the "Mame" movie soundtrack at Richard's leaving:

"Should I blame the times I pampered him,
Or blame the times I bossed him;
What a shame!
I never really found the boy,
Before I lost him..."


Nah.

0 comments: