Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It Was Great Fun

My agency has issued me a new high-end biometric security featured HP iPAQ 5500 Pocket PC. This six-plus-ounce little marvel has been put through its pace. It has served me well on and off work. Last evening, something caused the system to disconnect from the Internet service.

My applying the standard rescue measures failed to revive the Internet connection from the iPAQ. The IT Helpdesk I talked with this morning were clueless also. I couldn't fault them, really. There are several flavors of PDAs being used in the department. Held hand PDA maintenance is not the tech support's forté. Only three iPAQ 5500 issued to selected staff to date. I am the only heavy iPAQ 5500 user among these fortunate few. If any one knows how this thing works, it is I. For the moment, wireless Internet usage with this iPAQ is out of the question.

I am with Cole Porter on this one. It was great fun, but it was just one of those things.

1 comments:

j.r said...

hello there. wait you meant to ask What's the reason behind God having someone attend Stanford? am i right? well if thats what you meant, i think that could be answered with, what was he trying to say or teach you when you were attending Stanford? i hope i understood it correctly, it was just out of the blue, so i didnt know whether it was a rhetorical question a hypotethical question or what not. ANYWAYS, grace & peace. it must have been an interesting day.. mm hmm.