Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dumb and Dumber Unsolicited Calls

I have been receiving cold sales call on my phones from unknown parties which I never answered. Given these are programmed calls on certain times of the day, I could have set up a shunt to route the calls off my phones. This cat, however, is not curious at all as to who these unknown callers were. Since it' their "dime" (these guys have to pay someone for the programmed dialing services), I was not going to play into or reacting to their sales ploy. All cold calls originating from these unknown people are giving the silent ringtone treatment. Let them stand by their phones and wait, and wait, and wait...

The first place award of absurd calls goes to this one company. It would leave the stupidest robo-call message on my voice mail as follows:

"To accept, press 1. To send a voice mail, press 2."

Duh.

The impersonal, obnoxious, and boilerplate approach in sales pitch today is a far cry from the likes of Bill Porter of yesteryears.

0 comments: