Sunday, November 13, 2011

An Old Phone Ringtone Is a Bad Idea

I was playing with the iPhone 4S ring-tones this evening. The thought of my hi-tech phone should ring like those in the old movies sounded inviting. It appealed to me that Harry Lime or Rick Blaine talked on the old rotary phones. Phones which had the "drrring, drrding" is a summons of the caller's despair and distress. So I selected the Old Phone sound as my new ring-tone. Surely, a femme fatale or a damsel in distress should be calling me anytime soon. With the Fedora in hand, so to speak, I was ready.

In any case, I left the phone on the desk and went about doing something else at the far end of the house. When callers tried to contact me earlier in the evening, I blissfully ignored them. I thought, the "drrring drrring" sound was emanating from a recorded film noir playing on the DVR. How ironic.

Alas, Walter Mitty I was not or could never be. Some real corrective action was needed. So I decided to make my own ring-tone.

The iPhone 4S ring-tone is now set to the custom-made "Theme from A Summer Place" as rendered by maestro Norrie Paramor and Patrica Clark (vocal). Henceforth, there can be no mistaken of incoming calls with Clark's distinct vocalise.

I will make some more new ring-tones. Surely, one likely candidate is Anton Karas' "The Third Man Theme".

iPhone Ringtone Download
(For posted iPhone ringtones, download the interested cvs file and submit an email request.)


0 comments: