Wednesday, May 10, 2006

High Noon

Gary Cooper & Grace Kelley
Wedding Scene 'High Noon'


Among the notable film industry celebrities birthdays today are:
Fred Astaire (10 May, 1899 - 22 June, 1987)
Max Steiner (10 May, 1888 - 28 December, 1971)
Dimitri Tiomkin (10 May, 1899 - 11 November, 1979)

This MP3 Selection Expired on 05-12-2006:
Do Not Forsake Me (The Ballad of High Noon)
Best Song in 1952
Words: Ned Washington
Music: Dmitri Tiomkin
Movie Vocals: Tex Ritter


Do not forsake me O my darlin'
On this our weddin' day
Do not forsake me O my darlin'
Wait, wait along

The noonday train will bring Frank Miller
If I'm a man I must be brave
And I must face a man who hates me
Or lie a coward, a craven coward
Or lie a coward in my grave

O to be torn 'twixt love and duty
S'posin' I lose my fair-hair'd beauty
Look at that big hand move along
Nearin' high noon

That he made a vow while in State's Prison
Vow'd it would be my life or his an'
I'm not afraid of death, but O
What will I do if you leave me

Do not forsake me O my darlin'
You made that promise when we wed
Do not forsake me O my darlin'
Although you're grievin', I won't be leavin'
Until I shoot Frank Miller dead

Wait along, wait along
Wait along
Wait along

0 comments: