Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Untitled (for C.Y.)

I was so glad we met again.

We all have regrets and hurts. Perhaps no balm can assuage your deepest hurts and foibles. Still, treasure the vibrant life with which you've been blessed. Beyond, live life more than withered petals locked within your heart.

Though crushed, the lavender florets emit a healing and soothing aroma. Will you? I know you will and can.

The past is ashes. Let not the coming days inviolate the waking eye.

Be well, my friend.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful poem of comfort.

The ending reminds me of my children chanting to me, "Be well." "Be well."
I laughed surrounded by their words.

L'envoi said...

I say "Be well" a lot, too. LOL.

Carol said...

I am reading the book of Deuteronomy.

The "be well"s in chapters 5 and 6 stood out after our discourse.

V 29 "Oh that they had such a heart in them, that they would fear Me and keep all My commandments always, that it may be well with them and with their sons forever!"

L'envoi said...

I like your verse selections from Deuteronomy. Yes, I do.

So then, may you and your loved ones, in all things great and small, grave and bright, abide in His will and love. Live long and prosper in the Lord's countenance - evermore so than the Vulcan ways.