Wednesday, November 02, 2005

In My Dreams


Thomas Kinkade - Autumn-3

The cavalcade of deciduous woods lined our lanes has morphed into its fall costumes for the season's finale. Plush leaves in arrays of crimson, amber, scarlet, and yellow, are flaunting their dazzling and ephemeral splendor in the autumn wind.

I like to capture some of that Thomas Kinkade fall color moments at home. If he could, why not I? Every fall past, the neighbor's poplar chortled and shook its denuded wispy branches at me, "In your dreams, dude! It ain't going to happen."

So it is to be. No Kinkade autumn scene in the front yard this year. Another season of my resigning to Verlain's de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

2 comments:

史路比 said...

very beautiful painting! :)

"Verlain's de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone." what does it mean?

L'envoi said...

Autumn wounds my heart with monotonous languor.

Thomas Kinkade, the "Painter of Light", is a Christian painter. He is very well known for his bucolic and pastoral paintings. The autumn scene I posted typified his trademark. That is to say, he likes to include lights from one source or another in his art. Some of his works, however, are metaphorically Christian.