Sunday, October 27, 2013

Subscribed A $5 One Day Pass AT&T Data Plan


Tonight, I test subscribed to the AT&T $5 day pass for the 250 MB data plan.

At about 2200 hours tonight, I copied and pasted the iPad's IMEI and ICCID (no spaces in-between each set of numbers) onto the sign-up web page. Then followed by filling in some personal and credit card data fields. Since I'd done this data plan sign-up before, the experience was not unfamiliar to me. It took about 5 minutes to get the $5 day pass authorized for the iPad 3. Then the snafu (situation normal, all fouled up) began.

After an hour or so, I still could not get a lock on the iPad for 4G. At about 2245 hours I finally contacted AT&T with a staff on stand-by chat. It was somewhat humorous, I thought, he did not know the word or meaning to the word 'snafu' in our opening conversation. He "laughed" after learning the word. He tried his best to help but to no avail. Nothing he told me to do I'd not tried already. A customer complaint this time, however, might have helped in this episode of user complaints, as the AT&T world turns (pun).

At about 2330 hours, I finally got a 4G cellular signal locked on the iPad. I watched a 2.5 minutes or so of a new Captain America trailer on IMDB with the LTE turned on. It used up 21 MB of the plan - fast.

I have until 2200 hours tomorrow to play with some if not all of the 250 MB data on the iPad.

0 comments: