Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Swiftly Flow the Days

28 August

Dear S:

I was agreeably pleased at getting an e-letter from you; it arrived on my birthday no less! The last time I saw Eli, he was being cuddled in the warmth and security of his mater. In the sentiments of Tevye, "sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days...". Alas, the ever flowing tide of time does not tarry in the circle of life. Generations go and generations grow.

It's heartwarming to read Eli trundled his first exploratory steps with the aid of an elder's walker. Truly, only Eli's loved ones could have comprehended with affections his mirth. Perhaps at his next milestone you could send a picture as well.

Jesus has a special interest in children, as they are precious to Him. My supplication is your family and others in Eli's circle shall, with the steadfastness of prayer, love, and Christian teaching, stand by him when life's happiness and sorrows to come.

Our plead and thanksgiving rest on His grace. Give my love to all.

L'

p.s.
A friend from Alaska sent me a natal day greeting with a witty reminder, "the hairs on my head are all numbered". It is ordained should my hairs fall as the sands of time. To have my head shaved in these listless summer days is an inviting thought. Such thoughts I could bare with ease. Would I then as Li Bai reposing under a leafy canopy:

Gently I stir a white feather fan,
With open shirt sitting in a green wood.
I take off my cap and hang it on a jutting stone;
A wind from the pine-trees trickles on my bare head.


0 comments: