Tuesday, March 09, 2010

How Deep is Deep Purple?

Dusk at Lake Yellowstone,Yellowstone NP, WY

I wrote a philosophy paper once in college on Bertrand Russell's Universals. Bertrand universals are words like "east", "far", "white" and so forth. Thus, London is east of Edinburgh. And the wall color is white. My discourse was on how "east" was east? And how "white" was white? Totally useless stuff.

The prof wrote a note on my paper and said, if I went and see him and discussed some more on Russell, he would see to it that I'd receive the highest grade allowed for his class. I never did see him. I just didn't want anything more to do with Bertie.

So, how "deep" is Deep Purple? Do you care? I certainly don't. This tune is par excellence, however. March 10 is Peter De Rose's birthday anniversary. Here then, is a gypsy guitar instrumental of Deep Purple. This is really "deep" stuff, as Bertie might say.

Peter De Rose
American-born pop music composer
(10 March, 1900 - 24 April, 1953)

The MP3 below expired on 03-11-2010.
Click here to play current selection.


Angelo Debarre et al (1989)
Deep Purple (De Rose)

0 comments: