Saturday, January 14, 2006

On a Rainy Saturday Afternoon

Another winter storm front has arrived. It's wet and windy out, and some streets are flooded in the 'hood. After visiting my auto mechanic, I picked up a rotisserie chicken and some freshly baked French bread and settled in to watch some telly.

I went through some channel surfing and settled between a NFL playoff game and the US Ice Skating Championship. As for the latter, I was more interested in naming the tunes the skaters selected for their long programs. My enjoyment of the program was not so much who skated good or bad. Since the commentators could care less about the musical titles nor the composers, my enjoyment of the program was to name the classical selections the skaters chose. The skaters and their coaches or choreographers, however, adhered to a very shallow classical repertoire. As such, it was fairly easy in naming the pieces.

And for the football game, as of this post, the Seahawks leading the Redskins 14 to 3, in the third quarter of the playoff. My thought is already turning to read Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.

0 comments: