Thursday, October 30, 2014

Trying Out Wix.com

I have been doing my HTML coding for for this blog and music pages for many moons. Since Wix.com offers a HTML 5 free web page constructing and hosting, I decided to give it a try tonight.

The Wix HTML 5 GUI is fairly easy to use. I was also able to embed some custom HTML codes for content enhancement. The more complex HTML coding and some common file types (i.e. txt and csv) are currently not supported, however. Strange and unexpected. The system accepts the Microsoft file extensions as that of PDF, MP3 and other media formats as well. More important, the web server access, editor,and page refresh rates are very responsive. I would have liked having a FTP feature to upload my HTML codes and file contents to the web server and be done with it. Given the business objectives of Wix.com, I understand why FTP was not included. I was able to do 70% of my HTML codes fairly quickly by just using the Wix's web building tools provided.

Overall, the Wix web page builder works as advertised. I highly recommend it for users interested in learning and creating web pages for personal and professional goals.


0 comments: