Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leapin' Rossini Crescendo!

Today marks Rossini's 220th birthday anniversary.

Gioachino Antonio Rossini
Italian-born classical composer of
opera, chamber, sacred, and instrumental music
(29 February 1792 - 13 November 1868)

Neville Marriner
Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields (1966)
String Sonata No. 2 in A minor, III - Allegro (Rossini)
Click here to view this L'Envoi YouTube.

The Amalfi Coast at Night, Italy

Night Song at Amalfi
Sara Teasdale (1884 - 1933)

I asked the heaven of stars
What I should give my love -
It answered me with silence,
Silence above.

I asked the darkened sea
Down where the fishes go -
It answered me with silence,
Silence below.

Oh, I could give him weeping,
Or I could give him song -
But how can I give silence
My whole life long?

0 comments: