Tuesday, September 14, 2010

They Call the Wind Maria

Harve Presnell
Stage-Screen Actor and Singer (baritone)
(14 September 1933 - 1 July 2009)

The MP3 below expired on 11-10-2010.
Click here to play the current selection.


Harve Presnell & Chorus (1969)
- They Call the Wind Maria
(Lerner & Loewe)


They Call the Wind Maria
Film: "Paint Your Wagon" (1969)
Lyrics: Alan Jay Lerner
Music: Frederick Loewe
Sung by Harve Presnell & The Chorus


Maria
Maria
They call the wind Maria

Away out here they got a name
For rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire Joe
And they call the wind Maria

Maria blows the stars around
And sends the clouds a-flyin’
Maria makes the mountains sound
Like folks were up there dying

Maria
Maria
They call the wind Maria

Before I knew Maria’s name
And heard her wail and whinin’
I had a girl and she had me
And the sun was always shinin’

But then one day I left my girl
I left her far behind me
And now I’m lost, so golden lost
Not even God can find me

Maria
Maria
They call the wind Maria

Out here they got a name for rain
For wind and fire only
But when you’re lost and all alone
There ain’t no word but lonely

And I’m a-lost and lonely man
Without a star to guide me
Maria blow my love to me
I need my girl beside me

Maria
Maria
They call the wind Maria

Maria
Maria
Blow my love to me

0 comments: