Monday, May 23, 2005

Sit Down. You're Rocking the Boat

Man: You have got to hear this about my wife.

I am all ears.

Man: She was away for a week's vacation with a coterie of alumnae on a cruise to Alaska.

So you have a vacation, too. You needed a break.

Man: Hah! What I am going to tell you is even funnier.

Do tell.

Man: She called on her cell phone around Sunday noon and said, 'I am back.' Anyway, I didn't get a chance to say anything and the connection was cut off.

Your point?

Man: Her flight from Seattle was not due at SFO until 4:15 last Sunday afternoon. So I thought she caught an earlier flight. I waited for her to call back to tell me where and and when to collect her. She never called back. So I called her cell phone a few times. It rang, but she didn't answer.

You put on your deerstalker and tracked her down, eh, Sherlock?

Man: Not quite. I had a dilemma. Should I go to the airport or her friend's house? Mind you, I don't have her friend's phone number. And should I leave after her call, or should I wait for a few more hours then go to the airport as per her returning flight schedule?

So which plan did you choose?

Man: I decided to stick with the original flight schedule of the 4:15 ETA from Seattle to San Franciso. So I took a nap.

(LOL) Really?

Man: I figured to enjoy a couple more hours of peace and quiet before the H-Hour.

You are one cool, calmed, and collected dude. She never called back?

Man: Nope.

Anyway, what next?

Man: I decided I should go to the airport first. If she were'nt there, then I will head right over to the University of San Francisco. Her friend lives next door to the university. Long story short. She DID come in on the 4:15 flight. She didn't call from the airport or San Francisco after all.

I don't get it. The phone call, I mean.

Man: The wife meant - when she called - she had disembarked the cruise ship and back on terra firma in Seattle. Or something to that effect.

Leave it to the female logic. I assume you have discussed the phone call with her

Man: Just a few words.

Just a few words? You could have told her she was within the borders of the United States whether she was on or off the cruise ship. Her calling you from Seattle would not mean much to you as her transportation. She had to be in San Francisco or vicinity.

Man: Sit down. You are rocking the boat.

(LOL) You are right. I am making waves for you, aren't I. My bad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did this happen to you L'Envoi?

Irish