Saturday, February 12, 2005

Once More, With Feeling

Doing all sorts of testings and resetting among the computers and getting them to behave consistently, I am beginning to feel like Yul Brenner. Brenner played a tempermental orchestral conductor in the 1960 film "Once More, With Feeling."

As of this update, every computer is now in sync with the same internet connectivity output. All of them are NOW ACCESSING Yahoo and Hotmail. Other sites, too, are coming up correctly.

What's happened and how things are back to normal with these internet connections are a mystery.

I don't know how far my euphoria with this latest fix, if one can call it that, will last. Maybe I should have my head shaved like Yul, so I don't have hair to pull on when my systems go bonkers next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is probably a long shot, and may not be the case, but it is food for thought. It could have been an IP issue. When SBC hands out an ip address, sometimes that ip shows up on a spammer blacklist. While this can affect your e-mail dramatically, I have never seen it affect web pages, but I do not see why it couldn't. Sites like Hotmail and Yahoo are just glorified e-amil clients so it is not too far fetched to think that maybe the ip address you were given resided on some sort of black list. Here is a website I use a bit http://njabl.org/lookup.html Just pop in your ip address and see if anything comes up the next time you have these issues.

Anonymous said...

Roger that, Shawn. Thanks. 10-4.

L'v