Sunday, April 11, 2010

What Romantic Fools We Mortals Be

Helen Forrest
Big Band vocalist
(12 April, 1918 – 11 July, 1999)

The MP3 below expired on 04-12-2010.
Click here to play the current selection.


Benny Goodman Orchestra with
Helen Forrest (1941)
- Perfida (Dominquez)








Perfidia
Composer: Alberto Dominguez, 1939

Orchestra: Benny Goodman, 1941
Vocals: Helen Forrest, 1941

To you
My heart cries out perfidia
For I found you the love of my life
In somebody else’s arm

Your eyes
Are echoing perfidia
Forgetful of our promise of love
You're sharing another’s charm

With a sad lament my dreams have faded like a broken melody
While the gods of love look down and laugh at what romantic fools we mortals be

And now
I know my love was not for you
And so I take it back with a sigh
Perfidious one
Goodbye

0 comments: