Saturday, April 19, 2008

AT&T Yahoo! SSL Service Announcement

For the past week, I have been receiving ad nauseam patronizing and condescending notices from AT&T Yahoo!. I, a customer, am being admonished for using an email client that has not properly configured its ports and SSL properties. Though I have failed to adhere to the security protocols, these reminders go on to say, I am in good hands. Because AT&T Yahoo! has painfully taken steps to ensure my out-going and in-coming messages are secured. Horsefeathers.

Since 2007, my MS Outlook email client, with the more recently added Thunderbird, are properly configured with the latest POP3, SMTP, and SSL properties.

These notices have also spawned confusions within AT&T Yahoo! Its 24/7 tech support staff has advised many irate customers, such as I, to ignore these letters. Accordingly, these automated warnings are still being sent.

Microsoft should do a hostile take-over of Yahoo! as far as I am concerned. And soon.

0 comments: